💦Monsoons in El Paso means Flash Flooding💦
June 29, 2021
It’s 💦Monsoon Season💦 in El Paso which means ⛈weather alerts ⚡️such as:
Flash Flood WATCH 👀 flooding possible but not yet certain. Be alert.
Flash Flood WARNING🚨 flash flooding occurring. Caution ↪️Turn around, don’t drown!↩️
FLASH FLOOD FACTS
Just six inches of moving or rushing water can knock over a full grown man.
Two feet of rushing water can carry away most vehicles,🚘 including trucks 🛻 and SUVs.
Rising water 💦 can reach above a vehicle door in less than a minute.
It takes just twelve inches of flowing water to carry away a small car.
More than half of the deaths from flooding each year occur in vehicles.
FLASH FLOOD TIPS
• Don’t drive, walk, swim or play in flooded streets.
• Use safer, alternate routes.
• Never drive around 🚧barricades.
• Avoid streets where curbs are barely visible.
• Don’t allow children to play in canals, ditches or ponds-even when dry.
• Use sandbags to protect your home or business if you know it floods.
• Be aware of changing weather conditions.
• Fast-moving water can fill streets within seconds. which may cause additional dangers of debris and contamination from trash.
• Never attempt a rescue. Call 9-1-1 instead.🚒🚑
“WHEN ⚡️THUNDER ⛈ ROARS, GO 🏠INDOORS”
Thunder…is a result of ⚡️lightning.
• Do not seek shelter under 🌳trees.
• A bus 🚌 or car can provide shelter if no building is available.
• 🛑Stop all outdoor activities.
• Wait 30 minutes after storm to resume activities.